Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- You don't need to haul all your checked out books to the library to renew them, just bring your ID to the circulation desk or renew them online in your library account.
- Looking for something that's unavailable at the moment? You can ask to have a hold placed on any library materials, and we'll notify you when it becomes available.
- Really, really need a book that's checked out to someone else? By law, we cannot tell you who currently has the book, but we can usually email that person and ask them to return it as soon as possible.
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- The "Find Full Text Ursinus" link will appear in databases where an item is not available in full text; click it and you'll be routed to the full text in an alternate location, or you'll be directed to the ILL system.
- You can also click the link below to login to the system and manually fill out requests for books, articles, and chapters.
- Give yourself plenty of time to request books; some will arrive in a few days but others may take significantly longer.
- Pay attention to the due date on any books you request since the due date is set by the lending library and not by us.
- ILL books can sometimes be renewed; just request a renewal by logging into your ILL account below or email our ILL coordinator, Dominique de Saint Etienne
- Reserves are listed by course or instructor in the Course Reserves section of the library catalog.
- Unless otherwise listed, you may use a reserve item for two hours and it must stay in the library.
- Need something for a little longer? As long as there aren't other students waiting for an item, you can usually renew it for an additional two hours.
- When checking out a film on reserve that is longer than two hours, you'll get the film for however long it is. Three hour marathon film? You can have it for three hours.
- Instead of waiting around till that movie you need to watch is back in, try to schedule a viewing with some of your classmates. We have viewing rooms downstairs, and it makes it easier to make sure everyone gets a chance to watch.